Powered By Blogger

Tuesday 31 May 2011

Challenge Accepted: A Glimpse of My SFC Life

Few weeks ago I wrote about the wedding of my friends from SFC (Singles for Christ, Brunei) and how in love I am with love, this time I am going to write about my SFC life.


Let me start with the Christian Life Program. This program is an integrated course intended to lead the participants into a renewed understanding of and response to God's call to us as Christian singles. The program has a total of 13 separate sessions, usually held once a week. (Got that from  Couples For Christ Global Website..) 

Last week, Sunday, we had the last session of CLP which is what we call the Lord's Day. (This ceremony resembles the Sabbath Ceremony.) Lord's Day is also the time where the participants will present their talents on stage. At this point, we, as members of this community should help them for their presentation, eg. what are they going to do? should they dance? sing? act? etc. Finally the SFC team came up with the idea of dance interpretation and band performance. (Thanks to ate carol, francis and dave for the help.) Now, the challenge here is the rehearsal schedule. It seems like everybody is busy. But still I admire Ate Carol (my unit leader) cause she was able to teach the performers despite of her busy schedule at work. But of course let us not forget some leaders of SFC  who were able to attend the rehearsals to assist and help.

My role is to watch Ate Carol do the choreography so I can at least review the performers in case she's not around. (I am also proud to say that I am in charge of the "sounds" who plays and stops the music when needed. :b ) Anyway, did I mention that we only had one week to practice? (Pressure!) Pressure day came to me, when Ate Carol can't make it on the last day of practice. In my mind I was like NO!!!!! I can't remember the steps. But thanks to Ate Tere for the help. :D I survived!

The rehearsal week was a challenging week for me. I am being tested. To be honest I am actually stubborn, I feel like I just want to stay home and do nothing. (insert music: the Lazy Song) We did the last rehearsal 2 days before  the Lord's Day. The day before Lord's Day we have this gathering called GPA (General Prayer Assembly). Ate Carol message me if I can practice the participants after the GPA since she can't make it due to her over time work. GPA will finish at around 10pm and I feel like resting after that. So I follow the path of laziness that night and did nothing after the GPA. (BAD!)

Hello Sunday! This is it! The Lord's Day has arrived! It will be held at the COLA Parish Hall and will start at 7.30pm. Sunday was supposed to be my rest day but I have to go to school since we have photo shoot for our student's recital. During the photo shoot, I received a message from Ate Carol. She said, if I can still run through the participant's performance before the program starts. I took a deep breathe and replied " Ate, I'm still here in school, we're having rehearsal (unconsciously I said rehearsal instead of photo shoot) I'll try to go to church early, ha".  In my mind, I was like "I also have work here...." (Well,  I feel bad now. Really sorry ate carol please forgive me. ) Then I thought of God. And ask this question to myself, who am I really serving? Isn't it God? Why am I complaining? Then the captain of my soul said "Carem, you are not doing this to please other people. You are serving God not them. Keep that in mind."

I followed the captain of my soul and went to church at 7pm to practice. I saw few of the participants and enthusiastically told them that we'll have a short run through before the program starts. So we practiced for 20 minutes before the ceremony. Ten minutes later the ceremony started. This is the solemn moment for the participants.



Team Leaders


wine



Bread and Wine

The ceremony was finished! We had a small "salo-salo" for dinner and then the show begins! I can see that the participants are excited and nervous at the same time. Well, I feel the same way. :D SFC band started the program followed by the song interpretation.

The Emcees


SFC Band

Back Stage

The song interpretation begins.




KUDOS SFC batch 29! After 3 days pracitce, you did a great a job! WELCOME to the family! CLAP CLAP CLAP!!!! After SFC, the CFC, HOLD and SOLD performances followed.

Couples for Christ Performance




Handmaids of The Lord Performance




Servants of The Lord Performance



Special song number from the winner of CFC Got Talent Brunei, Archie
After the performances the selected participants shared their personal experiences during the Christian Life Program.








Awesome sharing from these people and I would like to mention that I really admire this woman from HOLD who said " Kung hindi ka makikinig, wala kang madidinig, wala kang magagawa, at wala kang masasabi. Kung makikinig ka, may madidinig ka, may magagawa ka at may masasabi ka. At yon don mo mapapatunayan na totoo si God." I laugh at first. (Inisip ko ang babaw naman non.) But I can't forget what she said, it feels like there is something in it that I need to know so I pause for a while and reflect. Then I go to the deeper meaning of what the woman (pardon me for I can't remember her name) said and this is my realization; As a Christian, we have to learn how to listen to God's words, if we listen, we will be able to learn something and put it into work, share it to others so we were able to proclaim the good news of the Lord. We should be physically, mentally and spiritually present when we attend masses and talks.

As a member of SFC I realize how difficult it is to be tested during my service. I have to keep in mind that the reason of my service is Him alone. I am human no more no less, but that's not an excuse, I know. I am sorry for those whom I have hurt or offended. Sometimes I find it hard to cope up with the situation and with the attitude of other people. Life is a continuous learning. And this is the life I chose; To live my life for God. It is difficult to deal with different personalities and do service with a smile and a polite attitude. But I want to keep going and accept the challenge. I have to remember that I do this for the glory of my loving God. It is fun to be a part of SFC. Challenging but it gives you happiness and joy at the end of the day. (insert music: Rainbow by South Border) To end this blog, let me give you a quote to ponder "Everybody wants happiness, and nobody wants pain, but you can't have a rainbow, without a little rain." ~ Zion Lee





"Be on your guard; stand firm in the faith; be men of courage; be strong." 
1 Corinthians 16:13 




































1 comment:

  1. Hi :) imcurrently in bsb for a visit....graduated clp @ nb3c in pnas then after had my hh @ east singapore :) wanna know if u have any gatherings ;: thanks. God bless :)

    ReplyDelete