Powered By Blogger

Wednesday 18 May 2011

In love with the idea of being in love.

Last week was one of the fun filled stressful weeks for me. Aside from work ( I'm a vocal coach of one of the music schools here in Brunei by the way), I need to attend to two weddings, both couples are my friends from SFC (Singles for Christ). It was my first time to attend a wedding and to be assigned as an assistant photographer on both (well, i'm just a "hobbyist photographer"), which gives me an extra pressure. Anyway, I accepted the challenge and really happy to grab the opportunity of doing it. So to start, let's begin with Jim and Aike's Nuptial.


It's Jim and Aike's exchanging of vows. Few days before that, I have been bugging my friends on what to wear for the wedding. Coz I am thinking that I should wear something comfortable, jeans and blouse maybe... since I know I'll be moving a lot to take pictures. But a friend of mine advised me to just wear a dress to fit in for the occasion. At first I am hesitant coz I know I'll be too busy clicking my cam and I might be unaware with my movements/actions/positions while I am taking pictures ( I guess you know what I mean... "conservative" type here. :) ) But I end up deciding to wear a dress and prepared everything the day before. That night I can't really sleep cause I am not well, so I just took medicine and forced myself to sleep. 

 Good morning sunshine! The big day has arrived for Jim and Aike and it feels like it's my big day as well! Woohoo!!! I woke up at 7am but unfortunately I am sick! I have fever and my body is painful. But I sat down, prayed, and said to myself, "with God's guidance and a little help of medicine, I can do this. I will be ok." Then I stood up, prepared myself and leave home around 8am. (Yes, I am not the vain type.. 1 hour is enough. : D ) It was around 8:30am when I arrived at the hotel to meet the couple and their photographer, kuya Dominic Barrios, all the way from the Philippines! Woot! Before we start taking pictures for the preparations I ate my breakfast first and took my medicine. Thinking that I'm gonna be okay, I confidently start doing my task and took some pictures of  the wedding "stuff".






 Everybody is really busy preparing. And so do I, but after more than an hour of taking pictures I felt really dizzy. So even if it is really embarrassing I lay down on bed and take a nap. Roughly thirty minutes later I woke up. The bride then told me that we'll be heading to church soon. Before leaving, we take some shots of the couple with the family.




     We arrived at the church after twenty minutes of travel from the hotel. I tried to take some stolen shots of the bridesmaid, groomsmen, ring bearer, flower girl, etc. first while waiting for the ceremony to start and yes, I feel a little better. Anyway, after an hour the ceremony started. I am really excited to capture every moment of the wedding. I tried my best to get good shots even though I am only using my not so high end lens (but I love my two lenses so... yeah! I love them, they are my babies). 













Witnessing this ceremony feels like I am watching a movie ..."and so they live happily ever after." And then I started thinking.... When will it be me? Yeah, I know... EMO ALERT! (Naisip ko, ang hirap sigurong maging wedding coordinator, photographer or videographer especially when you're single?) This event is unexplainable, amazing, wonderful, lovely, beautiful... magical. The church is full of love and joy. Joy that continues to the post wedding pictorial at Yeyesan and Jubilee Park Bandar.




  Then to Holiday Lodge Hotel for the reception. Food, speeches, money dance, and the best part.... PARTEEEHHH!!!!







photo taken by Dominic Barrios

 photo taken by Dominic Barrios


Yes it's my first time to attend a wedding and I fell in love with it which leads me to this question  "Am I in love with the idea of being in love?" Anyway, I had so much fun. It was a day to remember. It was a challenging but very fulfilling day for me. I thank God for I was able to survived this wedding day. All glory to God. :)


 2nd Wedding to be continued..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment